Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tunisian Crochet Dishcloths

I have been a little obsessed with the Tunisian Crochet Stitch. I am still waiting for my needles so I used a double hook crochet needles for these. I put an elastic band at one end so that my stitches did not fall off. I practiced the Tunisian Simple Stitch for these dish cloths.



The Tunisian Simple Stitch - Right Side and Wrong Side



Showing both sides..


Not Tunisian, but round and different. This is something I am free-styling. It is a 100% cotton so super absorbent and perfect for your kitchen.

I am trying to figure out how to do the Tunisian Cross stitch but can not find a helpful video anywhere. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

3 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Hi, I saw your post on Etsy. This is interesting. I've crocheted but this is new to me! Thanks for the information:)

Zu said...

Wow Arlene, you're a pro already!! I love that gorgeous yarn as well. :-)

Mary said...

I figured out a way to do a dropped stitch, like a front or back post stitch in crochet, where you drop down to a previous row and anchor a longer stitch to a lower row, but it would be a crochet stitch, and it was made through the float yarn, rather than wraping through the chain stitches. If you make the dropped stitch longer, like a trebel, you could angle to a point on a lower row in a different column, creating an angled stitch. Angle another stitch in the opposite direction, crossing over the first stitch, and that would create a crossed stitch.

If, however, you meant to embroider cross stitches on top of the Tunisian, it comes out great, and the placement would be between the bars, unless you want to add the vertical into the cross for a different effect.

Good luck with this. I hope it makes sense. I hope you have a great year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...